Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fun times in the shower

I know that I have shared this story with some of you, but not everyone. I hope that each male out there has a child as thoughtful as Max so you too can have your ego boosted as I did.

About a month ago Max and I were in the shower together. In the midst of showering I noticed Max is checking me out. Actually, he's checking out my package, so I start watching Max. A few seconds later Max looks up at me and says:
"Dad. You have a big penis."
Nate: "What? What did you just say?".
Max: "You have a big penis. How did it get so big?"
Nate: "I don't know. It's just that size. I guess God wanted my penis this big."
Max: "Oh! Will my penis ever get that big?"
Nate: "For your sake, I hope so."
Max: "Me too Dad, because your penis is really big!"

After the penis conversation we finished showering and went about our every day business. Kids are funny! There isn't a topic that is off limits for them. So enjoy your kids, nephews, nieces, etc...

2 comments:

John Nelson said...

Hopefully, I won't be showering my my nieces & nephews anytimes soon (or ever, really)!!

Great story, though! I vaguely remember a similar situation with my Dad when I was Max's age.

I appreciate your blogging candor! If only Allison would let me post half the things I want to...

Nate's Nonsense said...

I'm not saying you should shower with your nephews or nieces, rather you should enjoy them for their candor and honesty.