Monday, February 25, 2008

All Guy Weekend

Sarah went on a retreat this weekend with the church. So that meant it was all dudes, all weekend. Of course we had a blast wrestling, watching movies, cartoons, wrestling and just hanging out in general. Saturday night we didn't find anything we could wanted to watch or that looked appropriate to watch until we saw that Cops was on. The boys saw it as we surfed the TV and wanted to watch it. I didn't want to at first but then I thought if it gets too racy or foul then I can turn it off or change the channel. I thought it was very educational for the boys and I to watch as they learned the dangers that drugs can pose. It can ruin your life, your family's lives, your friends lives, your body, mind, etc...and you would be in BIG trouble with Dad. So, if you haven't taken advantage of letting your kids watch Cops or any other educational program I encourage to open up and go for it.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

That's freaking awesome! I applaud you're parenting style, Nate.

I'm going to make Emma play Call of Duty and tell her that I'll shoot any boy that makes her sad...just like I shot that guy in the head with a sniper rifle from 50 yards away.