Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dead Pigeon

I added a link which shows how I think the pigeon might look after it struck my truck.

I have killed again! That's right. I'm one bad s.o.b. Today wasn't my fault and I don't feel bad since it was a pigeon. For those of you who don't know I also killed a deer less than a year ago on Devil's Den Road. Don't worry, you can't see the blood anymore.

Some of you might wonder how I killed a pigeon. Was it the force, good driving, excellent hand/eye coordination or a combination of all of these? All of the above would be correct normally, but today it was the wind. I'm going 70 in my Sprinter on 540 returning from West Fork and Winslow. As I'm driving I catch something out of my right eye. It's a pigeon which has been blown sideways and is unable to flap it's wings. The pigeon hit the lower driver side of my window. After the loud thump I look in my driver side mirror to see flowers (not really, feathers) floating in the air. So, if you have thing for pigeons this is not the post for you.

Sarah thinks it's sad but I don't. If anyone knows how to get a picture of a pigeon for this blog let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waiting_for_friday/433787093/in/pool-deadpigeon/

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It would have been one thing if the pigeon was just stupid and flew into the truck. But the pigeon was trying with all it could to fly but just got caught up in the wind and smashed into a FedEx truck. That is a little sad.