Monday, September 24, 2007

Random Events

I wanted to share some random things that I have heard from my children. Let's start with tonight.

After reading the Bible to Max and Grant, also known as #1 and #2, #1 made an interesting comment. We just read about the 10 plagues God sent to free the Egyptians. Max was really into it and thought God really showed who He was by doing all those things to the bad king. We talked a little bit more and then Max said, "You know what else I think I might have done to that bad king Dad?" I said, "Nope. What?" "I would have hit him with my elbow and a karate chop." I asked why and Max said, "Just because he's bad." I nodded my head and we prayed.

About a week or so ago Grant and I were talking about nothing in particular when he suddenly pulls his shirt up. This is not uncommon as the boys and I enjoy being scarecely or naked. Sadly, Sarah has put it in the boys heads that it is wrong or bad to be naked in the house. I strongly disagree but have slowed my nakedness in order to set a good example. Let's get back to Grant. He pulls up and his shirt, slaps his stomach a few times and says, "Dad. When my belly gets really big and sticks really far out then I'll be fat." Of course this is said in Grant's gruff and tough voice. I shook my head and agreed with what he said. After that Grant said, "When that happens I'll punch my stomach and tell my belly get back in there, get back in there. I told Grant I had tried that and it doesn't work so he's better off not getting fat. I'm not sure he believed me but he shook his head and we went on about our business.

1 comment:

Megan said...

"hit him with my elbow and a karate chop" --that's hilarious!!

Reminds me of a line from Anastasia or Hunchback of Notre Dame (I can't remember which) "and then I'd kick her, sir"

boys are just too funny!