Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm a bonehead


As many of you know last week I had an MRI which revealed I had a tumor in my sinus cavity which is at the base of my skull. It is not in or on my brain, but it is right smack between my eyes. The doctor took the tumor out yesterday and he went through my right nostril. He took out 99% of the tumor and said it appeared to him to look like bone and bone marrow. I've always thought I was a bonehead but I guess it's official now. I was in the hospital about 5 hours and came out of surgery with minimal pain. I wanted to share a little of the joy I experienced after surgery. I couldn't believe how big my nostril was so I had Sarah take a picture of it so everyone could see. That is what it looked like before I cleaned it with a hot towel. It hurt too much to pick it with my finger because the blood was stuck to my nose hairs and they were coming out too. I normally tweeze my nose hairs but this hurt worse than tweezing. Enjoy the pic!

I want to say thank you to everyone who was praying for me and my family! I love you all dearly!

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

Glad to hear you're OK, though the picture would say otherwise! That's disgusting!